Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Glory On a Cedar Plank


      When my husband asked, "What's for lunch?" yesterday, I told him I was dreaming big.  I was dreaming of a cozy little place on 26 in Colleyville called Next.

     So there we went and the food and the service was excellent.  I ordered the Cedar Planked Salmon and he had the Seafood Ravioli, both were specials for the day.  His was very good, but mine was GLORIOUS.  A lovely caramelized strip of extremely fresh salmon dressed in a rich buttery sauce flirted with me as it lay on a bed of matchstick cut squash of green and gold, next to a fluffy little cloud of dreamy creamy mashed potatoes.  It had a ingenious drizzle of sauces on the edge, one with a kick and one with a luscious sweetness.  And a garnish of two of the largest capers I have ever encountered.  

How glorious was it?  Glorious enough to inspire the creation of the Mid-City Food Snob Blog. 

We eat out on a regular basis, sometimes it's great and sometimes not so much. If you live in the DFW area, I hope you will go on a Foodie adventure with me through this blog.  And by all means, recommend me to your family and friends in the area. Please feel free to tell me of any place you would recommend.  


They serve lunch and dinner daily except on Sunday.  Brunch on Sunday. 
I guarantee you will leave with happy little taste buds and a smile.  

No comments:

Post a Comment